What is the formula for calculating the volume of a cone?

Oh no wait, that's not what this blog is about! This blog is a random sampling of anything, pretty much, that I want to share -- from my brain, to your computer!

I solemnly swear that everything that I post here is true - or at least as true as I think it should be :)

Monday, April 5, 2010

The BOOK Project

As you may have read in one of my prior blogs (and if not, please scroll down to the post titled "my girl scout project"), I am doing my Junior GS Bronze Award community project. My service project is called The BOOK Project - Books Offer Opportunities to Kids!

If you would like to donate your previously enjoyed CHILDREN's books (or money for us to buy more books) you can comment on this post with your contact info.

The BOOK drive will continue through June 1st(ish) when I/we will give all of the donated BOOKs to a low-income school(s) in the Waukesha and/or Racine area. One of the schools we will be helping is Whittier Elementary School, in Waukesha, and is the school my Grandma Sara taught at for many, many years. This is not the only school we will donate to, but will be the first to receive your donations.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just hopped over to your blog because I saw your name on another blog. It caught my eye because my name is Mary Carolyn!

    I may have some children's books to offer. I'll check and get back to you. Great idea. I love, love, love children's books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnks so much! my email is thesummerscoop@yahoo.com, if you want to get back to me.
    thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline,
    I just saw this place for young writers to submit their work. Check out this website:http://bluezoowriters.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete