What is the formula for calculating the volume of a cone?

Oh no wait, that's not what this blog is about! This blog is a random sampling of anything, pretty much, that I want to share -- from my brain, to your computer!

I solemnly swear that everything that I post here is true - or at least as true as I think it should be :)

Sunday, March 28, 2010

one of my favorite places

Colorado. Last summer, I went there with my family for vacation. It was absolutely spectacular. As I was looking back at pictures from our trip to put in this post, I realized how much fun it was. How amazing it was. The following pictures capture my vacation in a nutshell. I hope you enjoy them.


We went to an outdoor "concert" in Estes Park (the town we were staying in) and afterwards got ice cream.


This is my new friend, the moose. He's awesome.


We went off-road horseback riding up a small mountain. Woo hoo! Livin' on the edge!

Again at that "concert." Don't I look awesome with a cowboy hat?!


We went to a park to have lunch and, well, climb a mountain. There we are at the top.



There's the view you've been waiting for. Colorado's beauty.


While walking through the streets of Estes Park, we had a delicious pizza. Tony's statue inspired us to look like him.

While driving to a park, we spotted two elk in the meadow. Meet our friends, Bo and Shelly.
My cousin, Ryan, and I take in the view one afternoon.

After a long hike up a mountain, I relaxed and enjoyed the view.

This stream was our relief after that hike, everyone cooled off and got soaked.


Yeah, Colorado was awesome. It was breath-taking. Life-changing. Beautiful. Absolutely amazing. The worst part about it was having to get on a plane and leave.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting all those photos, Caroline! It was such a great trip and such a beautiful place and I enjoyed reminiscing with you! Remember how COLD that stream was but how good it felt on our sore feet after a long hike?? Hope we can go back someday!!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could do ALL of this RIGHT NOW! don't you? You're right about the worst part being geting on the plane and leaving. I guess we just had SO much fun that the time went so fast. I hope we can go back someday!!!
    Theo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete