What is the formula for calculating the volume of a cone?

Oh no wait, that's not what this blog is about! This blog is a random sampling of anything, pretty much, that I want to share -- from my brain, to your computer!

I solemnly swear that everything that I post here is true - or at least as true as I think it should be :)

Monday, April 12, 2010

Skittles

Hey! What's that? It's a 2 inch long crested gecko named Skittles! My new friend! :o)

At my cousin, Carolyn's school auction, they had a bunch of stuff. As my step-mom and I were browsing, I saw a tank with a spray bottle, fake leaves, a fake log, and a little gecko in a container. I wrote my name down and bid $30, and guarded "my" gecko throughout the bidding time. After a couple of hours, the announcer said that the bidding time was over and to gather in the dining room for dinner. I squealed with excitement because I had just won a gecko for 30 bucks! Yay!

Skittles is a very energetic little guy, he always hops when I hold him. He's really cute and small, but he's not gonna be small for long. When I went to the reptile shop to buy supplies, there was an almost full-grown one. He was about as long as my hand (wrist to fingertip) and was fatter too. So Skittles is going to more than double in size in the next couple of months. I've had him for about three months.

I'll keep you posted on new pics I get of him 'cause he is going to get colorful along with his growth. Yay, Skittles!

2 comments:

  1. Does he talk with an Australian accent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.... he is sooo cute!!!

    Monica
    thisismybookonly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete