What is the formula for calculating the volume of a cone?

Oh no wait, that's not what this blog is about! This blog is a random sampling of anything, pretty much, that I want to share -- from my brain, to your computer!

I solemnly swear that everything that I post here is true - or at least as true as I think it should be :)

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Crivitz, WI

On Friday, June 11, My cousins (Carolyn 13, Grant 15, Isaac 8), Isaac's friend (Nathan 8), Grant's fiend (Sam 15), My Grandparents (Papa Hohe, Gramma Sara), My Aunt and Uncle (Auntie Tam, Uncle Al), My Mom and Dad (Ma, Buddy), and I (Caroline) left for Crivitz, WI, which is about 3 hours "Up North" from where we all live. Crivitz is another one of my favorite places...we have campfires, go boating, play volleyball, stay up late, ride our paddle boat to the sand bar, have water balloon fights, go whitewater rafting, play outside night games (like Capture the Flag, Headless Horseman, and Ghosts in the Graveyard), swim in the lake, play on the raft, and go cliff-jumping!
Yes, you read me correctly, we go cliff jumping. First we drive about 15 minutes to the Peshtigo River and walk to the beach. Then we hike uphill to the cliffs. We count to three and...JUMP! We splash into the cold yet refreshing water and swim over to a rock where we dry off, climb back up the hill, and do it all again! Here's a video of me jumping in...

Also, I mentioned campfires. Now, these aren't your everyday, eating s'mores, family bonding campfires. These are your "Let's see what we can blow up in the fire!" campfires. Grant and Sam were the "blower-uppers" and usually are. (DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME, KIDS!) What they did was fill a glass bottle with bug spray, hair spray, bug fogger, sun screen, and pretty much anything else they could find that was flammable and came in a sprayable can. Then, they lit a sparkler and dropped it in the bottle which started a flame. They would let the bottle get really hot, then they picked up the bottle with a marshmallow fork and ran it to the lake and drop it in. The bottle would first explode with steam, then crack and shatter. The video below displays the two boys spraying the fire with OFF! and creating a huge flame. (Again...Don't try this at home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment