What is the formula for calculating the volume of a cone?

Oh no wait, that's not what this blog is about! This blog is a random sampling of anything, pretty much, that I want to share -- from my brain, to your computer!

I solemnly swear that everything that I post here is true - or at least as true as I think it should be :)

Saturday, February 20, 2010

my nutty family

Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

Lately I've been thinking about my family. And you've got it, Author Unknown, my family is nuts. But, so am I, so who cares? I love my family more than life itself, and life is pretty awesome. Because, family will love you no matter what. Family will stay home from work to care for you when you're home sick. How sweet is that?!

I'm telling you now, I have a lot of family. Four parents worth, to put it in perspective. Some live five minutes away, and some live across the country, but family is family, and I love them.

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

You got it, Erma. Family is the only thing that will make you wonder, "How am I related to these people?!". They will make you laugh even without saying anything, make you love them even when they made you mad, and will share their cupcake with you, even when they bought it. Man, they're awesome.

I remember too many times to count that my family made me proud to have them. There's that one time when we surprised Steffi when she came home from the State Tennis Tournament. Or the time when Annie, Steffi, and I got tangled up in a hammock. Or the time when we were sledding at my cousin's house and Grant said "Oh, sure. It's safe." and I tumbled in a somersault all the way down the hill. Or that time when we were up north and practically blew up the cabin with a bombardment of tipped over fireworks. Oh, yeah. Good times.


2 comments:

  1. Awww honey! I love those good times!! Thanks for the reminders! And by the way, I, I, I like fudge!! :o) Te Amo ~ Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing better than being in your family, Pip! I love you!!

    Mom <3

    ReplyDelete